Friday, January 2, 2015

Honey Bee Bag

Happy New Year!
While I've been home on Christmas break, I did a couple of little sewing projects. My favorite one was a backpack I made yesterday.

I had seen bags like it before, but I had never done one myself. The bag had to be super colorful and bright. I used many cotton prints and several vibrantly colored yarns for extra texture. A bit of wool roving mixed with a scrap of silk added a touch of whimsy to the bag.

For the straps I twisted together 3 strands of yarn and went over them with the zigzag stitch on my machine.

Inside, the bag is fully lined and even has a little tag which says "Honey Bee, By Rachel". Bees are always very busy, yet they are rewarded with sweet honey at the end and I figured this is how I should work as well :)
I love this bag and I can't wait to wear it around on campus!

-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment